Handling Specialty is exclusively dedicated to the custom design and manufacture of material handling systems for demanding applications. We are considered the premier source for engineered-to-order lifting, tilting, rotating and traversing equipment for clients seeking innovative solutions, exceptional professional support, world-class credentials and unmatched experience. For more than 50 years, we have been providing solutions in a wide range of industries including, Automotive, Aerospace and Defense, Entertainment, Rail, and Factory Automation.
- Production of shop drawings
- Using a CAD software package modify existing drawings to reflect changes
- Create new electrical schematics, and create equipment layout and interconnection drawings
- Specifying components and creating bills of materials
- Assisting with the production of maintenance manuals using Microsoft word
- Project management
- Assist the quality control staff with the preparation of test plans and procedures for each part of the electrical system.
- The review of electrical schematics, layout and interconnection drawings submitted by subcontractors to confirm fit, function and compliance to specifications.
- Ensuring that the “scope of supply” of each sub-contractor does not leave “gaps” when the different subassemblies are mated together to form the “system”.
- Programming of electronic devices
- Motion control design and programming
- Modify and download a logic program to a PLC and HMI screen
- Create a PLC logic program from scratch
- Create an HMI screen from scratch
- Technical assistance
- Assist shop personnel during manufacturing
- Assist installation and service personnel to debug the equipment
- Provide technical phone support to clients
- Sales assistance
- Estimating material and labour costs
- Experience design and commissioning lifting/hoisting machines.
- Good attitude, above-average work ethic, pride in the quality of work produced, a willingness and need to continually learn new things
- Bright team player who is accustomed to being on the floor helping out the controls department, at a computer designing or contributing in a meeting
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Analytical and technical skills will be required to find solutions to the challenges of manufacturing custom material handling equipment.
- A “self-starter” who must able to “multi-task” with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Wisdom stemming from experiences in balancing electrical design work in conjunction with mechanical assemblies
- Respect for and even design methodologies for conduit and wiring runs on equipment
- Electrical troubleshooting ability
- Good written and oral communications
- Able and willing to travel internationally as required for onsite commissioning of equipment.
- Competency with AutoCAD
- Good computer skills, Proficiency with Microsoft word and excel
- Familiarity with the requirements of ISO quality control systems
- Ability to read and understand basic ladder logic motor control electrical schematics
- Previous experience with any or all of the following standards: Canadian Electrical code, National Electrical code (USA), General Motors ES1 & CCH1, NFPA 79
- PLC programming experience with RS logix 500/5000 and/or Siemens
- Rockwell Factory Talk
- Proven ability to design electrical control systems for industrial machinery.
- Siemens experience
- Hydraulics design
- SolidWorks Electrical
- A talent for estimating
This is a challenging position that requires someone with a technical background, solid problem-solving skills plus a creative yet methodical approach. If you want to join a successful, dynamic team and believe you have what it takes, email your cover letter and resume referencing this job to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in this position, clearly outline experience and salary expectations and quote reference code Electrical Designer when responding to:Shannon CLinton
Supervisor of Client and Project Admin