Zephir - engineered, manufactured and sold in Italy for over 40 years - offers the most complete and comprehensive range of electric battery-operated railcar movers in the world with more than 500 vehicles currently in use in rail maintenance facilities, primarily in Europe.
Zephir was founded in 1969, designing and manufacturing heavy duty towing vehicles for industrial applications, from steelwork to intermodal terminals and airports.
In 1991, the electric ranges were created: the CRAB (an electric rail-to-road vehicle or rail shunter) and the KUBO, a rail-only electric rail vehicle shunter, which is designed to operate in small, confined areas such as tunnels, metros and railway maintenance shops.
Customers include: Danish Railways, Trenitalia, Swiss Railways, Bombardier Transportation, Alstom France, Pacific National Queensland, Jindal Rail, Blackpool, Eurorail and many others.
Zephir has the following certifications:
- ISO 9001 / UNI EN ISO 9001:2008
- ISO 14001/ UNI EN ISO 14001:2004
- EN 15085-2
- Five models available: Crab 500 E, Crab 1500 E, Crab 2100 E, Crab 3100 E, Crab 5000 E
- Can move loads from 100 to 1,000 tons (depending upon model)
- Safe, heavy duty, easy to use and operate
- Operates on rail and on road
- Extremely environmentally friendly with zero emissions
- Fits all international rail gauges and railcar couplers
- Low noise and onboard vibration
- Low running and maintenance costs
- Patented rail wheels for enhanced traction performance
- Minimum turning radius in road mode
For more information on the Zephir Electric Rail Car Mover or other solutions