Handling Specialty custom designed and manufactured two self-propelled work platforms for a major Canadian railway company’s sandblasting booth. The platform’s many axes of movement allows maintenance personnel to reach all areas of the freight car.
- Self-propelled work platforms run horizontally along crane rail and 120’ track at 80 fpm
- Platform has special open grate flooring to allow water and sand to fall through
- Using on-board control panel, platform can be raised vertically to 192”, extended out 30” or rotated 90° to reach all railcar surfaces
- Safety features include primary lift cable with safety lock, back-up lifting cable with cable brake mechanism, and overload protection
- Manufactured to operate reliably in a wet, dirty, industrial environment
For more information on the Self-Propelled Sandblasting Booth for Rail Facility or other solutions