How Does a Circular Theater Stage work?
Handling Specialty was approached by the technical director of the Pacific Repertory Theater in Carmel, CA, to engineer and manufacture a rotating circular stage (double revolving stage) that included both an inner and an outer ring. Both rings on the circular theatre rotate clockwise and counter-clockwise, and can move together or separately, to meet show cues. The rings are also capable of stopping and reversing motion independently of each other, with minimal acceleration and deceleration time.
Circular Theater Features
- Inner revolving stage platform - 216” D, centered against center pin bearing and supported on 48 inverted, height adjustable, polyurethane wheels
- Outer revolving theater - 217” ID x 311-1/2” OD, centered by three adjustable centering wheels acting against the ring frame and supported by inverted, height adjustable, polyurethane wheels
- Both rotating circular platforms are friction driven by gear brake motor and polyurethane wheel
- Motors controlled via VFD or handheld pendant
- Quiet, smooth rotation, stops and starts
For more information on the Circular Theater Stage with Rotating Rings or other solutions