Handling Specialty has developed an excellent reputation for successfully delivering custom engineered material handling systems to a wide range of industries including aerospace, automotive, entertainment, process, energy/nuclear, rail transportation and a variety of advanced manufacturing applications. Our expertise is channeled to medium and large-scale projects that unfold from conceptual engineering through to site completion, start up and commissioning. We are experts with material handling or motion projects involving high duty cycles, large weight capacities, unique mounting configurations and stringent process, quality and safety demands of advanced manufacturing and process industries.
Handling Specialty has a challenging career opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Outside Technical Sales Professional. In this role, you will be responsible for prospecting for new opportunities, qualifying leads, nurturing existing or past customers, preparing comprehensive technical/commercial proposals and generating sales bookings. This position reports directly to the Sales Manager and is based at our operations in Grimsby, Ontario.
- Promote, sell and secure orders from both existing and prospective customers
- Consistent prospecting discipline to both new and existing clients via telephone calls, in-person visits, plant tours, presentations, etc.
- Flexible schedule with travel throughout Canada and the USA as required
- Attend conferences, trade shows, seminars and other industry events as deemed valuable
- Working with prospects to understand their technical and commercial requirements and specifications.
- Define the project specifications for presentation to in-house applications engineering team
- Review the estimates for accuracy/completeness, prepare comprehensive and accurate commercial/technical proposal documents, post submission follow up
- Effectively negotiate pricing, schedule, terms and conditions of purchase orders or contracts
- Demonstrate project ownership by managing or assisting with change orders, design reviews, factory acceptance testing and site work completion
- Be professionally courteous in representing our company when dealing with vendors, competitors, sub-contractors, and industry representatives.
- Professional attention to your personal and office presentation. Always be “presentation ready”.
- Arrive at meetings on time and fully prepared.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to be part of the team.
There are 3 categories of importance
- Strong and polished oral, written, and presentation skills
- Above average work ethic
- Universal common sense
- Talent for “making a connection” with customers (people)
- Great at questions, great at listening
- Courageous, competitive, motivated and humble.
- Keen interest to be part of a team
- IT competency
- Read/understand technical documents, design drawings, commercial documents
- Experience/exposure to business activities involving steel, welding, hydraulics, mechanics, controls, industrial equipment installations
- 7 – 10 years of sales work in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Inherent knack for the details
- Market, Company, Contact research
- Mechanical engineering background or exposure or interest
- Experienced business traveler
- Prospecting relentlessness
- Professional negotiator
- Respected “closer”
- Seasoned mediator
- Experience with exchange rates, interest, L/C’s, bonds
- Strategic selling specialist
Please send resume with cover letter to the Attention of Nicola Garner