Project Manager– Hamilton/Grimsby ON
The project manager is responsible to lead the design, build and installation effort of multiple projects for our customers while managing the company’s business relationships with these customers. The following describes key skills, experience and responsibilities of this challenging role:
Skills & Experience
- Engineering degree or Engineering technology diploma
- Experience in Project management with demonstrated leadership in high impact situations.
- 3 years experience with the design & building of large, complex industrial equipment
- Experience managing equipment installations
- Problem solving using six-sigma tools or equivalent
- Above average abilities with MS Project and Excel
- Familiar with ISO9001 Quality Management System
- PMP certification or equivalent
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude, team player without ego.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop project objectives and metrics, with the team, at the onset of new projects. Break-down each project into its component pieces, then day-to-day management of deliverables with internal and external stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate and provide leadership to Engineering staff to ensure customer requirements are met
- Provide pro-active leadership, design skills and tools to identify and solve engineering design issues as required to achieve overall project success.
- Work with Engineering staff to design appropriate Acceptance Test Plans and methods of measurement.
- Use of Engineering design skills to determine solutions with Engineering team for required scope change and determine cost and schedule impact.
- Drive the organization to define and meet customer expectations for quality, delivery and product performance – achieve “flawless launch”.
- Serve as the lead in customer communications for key areas including timing, documentation and overall project status. Manage change orders.
- Ensure the financial success of the project. Identify concerns that jeopardize profitability and seek opportunities for improvement.
- Re-assess schedule and cost targets regularly. Initiate corrective actions as needed. Document and monitor objectives to ensure countermeasures are initiated and unfavorable variances are corrected.
- Report weekly on status of each project – schedule, cost, issues, actions.
- Elevate issues as appropriate and get the support of senior management when needed to clear obstacles.
- Ensure individuals clearly understand the impact their roles have on the success of the project and provide them with appropriate feedback, be it positive or negative - Facilitate problem solving sessions.
- Ensure records of key transactions with customers and suppliers are maintained, either in the project database or in the areas of the responsible departments.
- Work on specific projects as directed from time-to-time in support of the Senior Manager.
- Some international travel may be required depending on the projects assigned.
If you want to join a successful, dynamic team and believe you have what it takes, email your cover letter and resume referencing this job to Karl Bartel.