Handling Specialty – Grimsby, ON
Handling Specialty is exclusively dedicated to the custom design and manufacture of material handling systems for demanding applications. We are considered the premier source for engineered-to-order lifting, tilting, rotating and traversing equipment for clients seeking innovative solutions, exceptional professional support, world class credentials and unmatched experience. For more than 50 years, we have been providing solutions in a wide range of industries including, Automotive, Aerospace and Defense, Entertainment, Rail, and Factory Automation.
- Mechanical Engineering degree or Mechanical Engineering diploma
- Five years of relevant experience in designing custom industrial equipment.
- Demonstrated design experience with hydraulic and/or electro-mechanical systems, welding/fabrication processes and GD&T.
- Design responsibilities include: machine dynamics, fabrication design, power transmission component selection, preparation of drawing packages, BOM creation and project documentation
- Design hydraulic and/or electro-mechanical systems and products by applying principles of mechanics, hydraulics and materials.
- Design hydraulic and/or electro-mechanical systems by reviewing customer requirements and evaluating different solutions.
- Design hydraulic and/or electro-mechanical systems while complying with government regulations and industry standards.
- Produce documentation for hydraulic and/or electro-mechanical systems such as operation and maintenance manuals.
- Provide engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Confirm system and product capabilities by creating test plans and testing methods.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing assigned tasks and duties on time and on budget.
- Proficient with SolidWorks (with formal training preferred); experience with FEA desirable
- Creative and analytical thinker
- Results oriented with proven experience in design-for-manufacturability
- Interpersonal and communication strengths, able to work individually and as part of a team
- Applications estimating experience an asset
This is a challenging position that requires someone with a strong technical background, solid problem solving skills plus a creative yet methodical approach. If you want to join a successful, dynamic team and believe you have what it takes, email your cover letter and resume referencing this job to Shannon Clinton.